Saturday, June 18, 2011

5 States in One Day

Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and finally on to Arkansas. That is what today consists of. Right now I'm sitting in the passenger seat of our Durango riding through Mississippi listening to Jonny Lang while David drives. I did try to drive myself, but ended up missing a turn and taking the "scenic route" through Birmingham. Needless to say David has resumed his post and here I am typing away on David's iPad. I don't think he minds anyway because the passenger seat is all scrunched up close to the dashboard due to the two propane tanks, suitcases, house plants, and the meat cooler in the back that holds all of our venison and beef on dry ice.

Moving halfway across the country is pretty intense I have to admit. It's definitely easier when you look at it in small chunks. When I look at the whole picture at one time my heart rate starts rising. Haha are we crazy?!? Crazy or not I am fully confident that this is what the Lord has called us to do. Tomorrow we get to move into our new apartment. We were just informed yesterday that it is actually brand new- no one has ever lived in it before. That got me pretty excited. 

I wonder what life is going to look like in a few weeks. I'm really excited to find out. When we do get settled I'll try to upload some pictures so this isn't so boring. Haha I know too many words and no colors isn't the most attention grabbing. Well... Here comes Memphis! I'll write more later.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Sweet Girl! Pictures are nice, but the words are awesome! I can hear your voice as I read what you wrote...

    Enjoy your brand-new apartment! I'm praying for you both and am excited to hear more about your amazing adventures! He is our guide and won't leave us no matter what "state" we are in! ha ha (a little play on words!)
    Tell Daveed, Auntie Sue says, "hello"! Next time he comes to visit, I will be sure to have some sweet potatoes on hand!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete