Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home is Where The Heart Is

Today was great. My body feels tired, and I've been taking naps daily, but my spirit is so full and refreshed even despite the ache that comes from leaving mostly everything you know. Haha I just read that over and laughed. I have a knack for sounding dramatic... Almost everything I know? I'm still in the U.S. for goodness sake! But you understand...

I'm sitting in my bed right now just enjoying the fact that I can't see a single piece of cardboard in sight. Of course if I got up and walked across the apartment to the spare bedroom with all of its boxes I would be reminded of the work I have left to do, but we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about Fayetteville, Arkansas and the vast amount of color this place is bringing into my life.

I've been trying to immerse myself in this place, and in less than a week I've learned a little bit about how to get around and a little more about all the best places to go in town. The key is having all the locals take you around. And oh, the locals! Never have I met a more generous and kind group of people! This church is really being the church. They have poured their time and resources into us and welcomed us as if we were long lost family. The town has so many facets to it that I feel certain I will not fully grasp it for some time.

Well, it's officially past my bedtime and I am getting sleepy. My husband is also doing something possibly destructive in the kitchen and I feel the need to look into it. I love that guy.

Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, darling girl! I'm so glad you have that guy to take care of you....and happy that you are in that place of knowing....you are right where HE wanted you to be all along!

    Moreover, because of what Christ has done we have become gifts to God that He delights in, for as part of God's sovereign plan we were chosen from the beginning to be His, and all things happen just as He decided long ago. ~Ephesians 1:11

    Happy Monday, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI RACHEL, LOVE YOU AND BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU THRU THIS MOVE. PLEASE TAKE SOME LOCAL PICTURES OF YOUR APT BLDG AND THE AREA YOU LIVE. IT'S NICE TO PICTURE WHERE YOU ARE LIVING. GOD BLESS YOU AND DAVID!!! LOVE, GRAMMY WHELPLEY

    ReplyDelete