Monday, November 15, 2010

Orchids and Pinecones

Well... it has been quite some time since my last update, hasn't it?  Life just gets away from me like that sometimes.  I promise you I've been loving every minute of it!  There are ups and downs, but these really are the best days of my life so far.  Lately I have been inundated with thoughts of Christmas. I dream about crafts and things to bake all the time.  I love this time of year.

I recently had the idea to try to make a christmas tree out of mostly pine cones.  I wasn't sure how it would look, but even though it's still not finished, it looks better than I thought it would! I spray painted the cones with silver paint that should be used on cars. The effect is pretty cool! I have tiny pine cones to add that I spray painted a deep red.  They'll be the berries or the decorations. What do you think? It's a work in progress.


I've been learning something about gift giving lately.  It seems that I have built friendships with people who are very good at this.  My family has never been very "gifty," so I keep receiving all these gifts and I feel overwhelmed because I never even think that way.  I used to just say "Well... that's just how my family is. I can't change it."  I'm starting to change my mind.  I really think I want to become better at thinking about little things to give people.  Just tokens, really, to let them know I care.  My friend Lyndsay recently came to my house and brought me this beautiful orchid just because! It was such a nice surprise! I absolutely love it.

Today has been so nice because I worked in the morning and I have all afternoon to do whatever I want to do.  My best friend Sam is on her way now to pick me up.  We are going to run some errands together and catch up.  I love that girl.  She seriously was one of the main reasons I even got through college.  I have always admired her in so many ways.  Her devotion to the Lord is greater than most anyone I know.  She and I are in such different seasons of life right now, but we have such a great bond in Jesus Christ that it never makes a difference.  I know she will be a friend for life.  Well... time to get ready to leave!  Happy fall afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment