Thursday, July 14, 2011

All to Him I Owe

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe,
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow



This week my Grammy Lamy passed away. I think she was almost 95. The Bible says that this life is just a breath and that mankind is like a flower that quickly fades. The older I get, the more real that becomes.

This morning as I sit alone in our new apartment a rush of emotions wash over me. The strongest emotion of all is peace. It's amazing, the peace rushes over everything tumultuous that I feel. My family is all together right now 24 hours from my little apartment. They are driving to the funeral. I should be sad and lonely and depressed, but instead I feel refreshed and hopeful. I cannot be held captive in the strongholds of my physical world when all my focus is fixed on the One who never leaves me. Matthew 28:20 "And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever." -Psalm 73:25-26 (read the whole Psalm... it's amazing).

My portion... He sustains me.

John 6:52-59
52 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”59 Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum.

He is my portion. He has given Himself to sustain me. He is all I want.

Psalm 23: 4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

1 comment:

  1. “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
    and he will stand upon the earth at last.
    And after my body has decayed,
    yet in my body I will see God!
    I will see him for myself.
    Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.
    I am overwhelmed at the thought! ~Job 19:25-27

    I love you, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete