Saturday, January 7, 2012

Overdue

Yes... I am finally updating my blog. And there are pictures!!! This truly is a momentous occasion. Before I go on to quickly summarize my ever changing life I will just say that there have been reasons I have left my blog in such a dilapidated state. The first has been my computer... my poor old computer which basically needs an overhaul (I am currently typing away on David's million-times-nicer one). My second reason has been that in all vulnerable honesty... I have been in the pits. Seriously. The pits aren't always bad though, and sometimes they even mean amazing things. For example the reason I have been on such low swings emotionally and have battled fatigue, nausea, headaches, backaches, and have felt well, just plain nasty is because...

WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!!! I know, I know, we announced this basically forever ago, but given the circumstances of feeling so gross I didn't really have the energy to type about it. Call me lazy. We literally could not be happier. David and I have both looked forward to parenthood for most of our lives and the sheer fact that the Lord has entrusted us with something so special and costly is quite baffling. It is still sinking in (though I'm almost half-way to my delivery date!) that there is indeed a tiny little person dwelling within me, ready to make his or her debut this summer. I can barely wait that long to meet this little one. I want to scoop up my little son or my little daughter close in my arms. I can barely wait to see fingers and toes and to feel the soft downy skin of my firstborn child.

So in honor of this phenomenon, this miracle of life that is taking place even now, the first picture in this post will be the first picture we ever saw of this precious little baby:

What a cutie, right?!?
And here are a few pictures of my swelling tummy:
13 Weeks


15 Weeks

16 Weeks

18 Weeks

So that is a tiny update of my last few months. I still need to post pictures of our anniversary trip that we took, but I'll save that for another post. Right now I'm enjoying a nice quiet evening with my best friend. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your tummy! It makes me so happy for you and so excited because the miracle of life is just SO exciting :o) I hope your life is increasingly blessed and that of your baby's as well!!

    ReplyDelete