Thursday, June 3, 2010

We're on the second to last day of vacation and I'm still enjoying every minute of it. After dreaming that I was a superhero with a stick and a staple gun for my weapons (not to mention my kick awesome karate skills), I woke to a few of my nieces and nephews knocking on our bedroom door and trying to get in with no success. It's been interesting to spend a week with seven little kids.
"Rebekah, how many books have you read so far?"
"Eight."

"Micah, what does Buzz Lightyear say?"
"To affinity, and beyong!!!"

"McKinney is outside pulling his pants down!"
"McKinney, why did you pull your pants down when we told you not to?"
"Braxton told me to!"

"Has anyone seen the nipple to this bottle?"

"Aunt Rachel, do you have a ponytail I can use?"

"Amberleigh, you are officially on Koltyn restriction for the rest of the day! Get out of his face!"

"Amelia takes her playing seriously! She came and bit my bottom pretending to be a Tiger!"

"Can we go pway at the beach?"

It's been a hustle and bustle of events at the beach house for sure. Not to even mention the adults in the whole picture! They are just as hilarious as the children. Last night we played a rousing game of dominos (when I say rousing, I really mean brutally competitive and intense). This was after a long day at the beach where we rode HUGE waves and played a few rounds of Bocce Ball. We started the week playing Rook, but after it was established that Erin is "quite possibly the greatest Rook player ever," I suppose we decided there was no need to continue trying to win that reputation.

Gaga (a.k.a. Lady Gaga as we've been calling her), David's mom has been saying some pretty funny one liners this week. I think my favorite so far was "I don't have a bra on, but I have this belt to hold 'em up!" We literally hit the floor laughing.

Last night I made up my own chowder recipe with my leftovers from the seafood platter I ordered a couple of nights ago. It turned out amazing! I'll probably never be able to make it again. I'll post some pictures in my next blog. I also have some good Bocce Ball pictures to post.

Well, time to run again! I'm going to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment